The Holy Eucharist is the source and summit of Christian life. For children, the understanding and appreciation of the celebration of the Holy Eucharist (Mass), grows with time, and is fostered and encouraged through regular attendance at Mass and the Christian life and values lived at home.
Our Children's Mass on Fridays
- Our catechism program begins on Friday morning with the children gathering in the church portico area (i.e. the area in the courtyard of the church), between 08:40 to 08:50 am, where they will meet their catechists.
- Their catechists will lead them up to Mass shortly before 09:00 am, where they will sit with their fellow classmates during the Mass - Years 1 to 8.
- Our Kindergartners can proceed to the church hall and sit with their parents during Mass.
- The front section pews on either side of the church hall will be reserved for the children in our catechism group.
- At the end of Mass, they will be led to their respective classroom by their catechists. Parents with children in Kindergarten will take their children to their classroom after the Mass.
- At 11:15 am, our catechism program comes to an end and you can then collect your child(ren) from their classroom to go home.
In a non-Christian country, where access to Catholic Schools and religious education imparted on a daily basis is limited, you will appreciate that we are fortunate to be able to give our children a chance to learn and grow in knowledge, appreciation, and understanding of their Catholic Faith, through a wonderful weekly Mass and catechism program such as the one in which you have now enrolled your child.